Articles What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
If you have missing teeth and are interested in replacement treatment, you’ve probably come across dental implants whilst doing your research. But what are they and what benefits could they offer you? Here is a brief guide to implant treatment:
Dental implants are small prosthetic appliances designed to replace lost tooth roots. They are made from titanium and are placed in the jaw bone to act as an anchor for a crown, bridge or denture. Titanium is used because it is strong and biocompatible, which means that the implant is able to integrate into the bone, providing the same level of stability as a natural root.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants offer various benefits, including:
- Long –term results – implants can last a lifetime if they are well cared for
- Comfort – they feel just like a natural tooth root
- A natural looking, beautiful smile and improved facial aesthetics
- Improved confidence
- Amazing levels of functionality – with implants, you will feel like you have your own set of healthy teeth again and will be able to eat, speak and smile without anxiety
- Reduced risk of bone loss
- Versatility – implants can be used to replace single missing teeth when attached to a crown or bridge, or multiple teeth when attached to a denture
What does treatment involve?
There are two key stages of treatment once the planning has been completed. The first stage is to fit the implant and the second phase involves placing the new restoration. At many practices you might have to go for oral surgery to have the implants inserted, but we have our own team of professionals here at Harley Street Dental Studio to provide the full procedure from start to finish.
During the fitting process, an incision is created in the gum and a flap is lifted to enable us to access the jaw bone. A small opening is drilled into the bone and the implant is placed precisely and carefully. The flap is then closed and the incision stitched. The implant is then left to heal and the process of osseointegration begins. After three to eight months (once the implant has fused with the jawbone and gum tissue), the crown, bridge or denture can be attached.
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION