Summer holidays are on the horizon. If you’re keen to look your best for an exotic escape, you may be on the lookout for ways to brighten your smile. Here are 5 ways you can add some extra sparkle to your smile:
- Brilliant brushing skills: brushing is not just important for removing bacteria and food debris is a bid to prevent plaque. It’s also an effective way of polishing your teeth and preventing staining. Many people brush their teeth twice a day, but not everyone has brilliant brushing skills. When you brush, make sure you cover every individual tooth, be gentle, and set a timer for 2 minutes.
- Cut down on food and drinks that stain the teeth: your diet can affect the look of your smile, as well as your oral health. If you’re a fan of coffee, tea, wine, dark berries, soy sauce or cola, try and cut down. These foods and drinks contain staining agents. If you are having a drink and there’s a risk of staining, it’s best to use a straw.
- Tooth whitening: if you’re after a dramatic result and you want your smile to look brighter and whiter for your summer holiday, tooth whitening is the best option. We offer in-chair and at-home treatments, which can lighten the colour of the teeth by several shades.
- Veneers: if you have stained teeth and you’re also worried about chips, worn edges or gaps between your teeth, you may wish to think about having veneers. Veneers are ultra-thin sheets of porcelain, which are attached to your natural teeth to create a stunning, radiant smile.
- Cleaning treatments: if you’re after a sparkling smile for summer, we recommend booking a hygiene session. Our expert hygienists provide powerful cleaning treatments, which can remove surface stains and give your smile a lovely healthy glow.