Articles Five Helpful Tips to Protecting Your Veneers In London
If you have veneers, it’s natural to want to keep your smile in tip-top condition for as long as possible. Although modern veneers are hard-wearing and durable, they’re not immune to damage. If you’re keen to preserve your pristine veneers this winter, here are 5 top tips:
- Avoid smoking: smoking is one of the most significant causes of staining, and it can also damage your gums and increase the risk of oral cancer. If you’re thinking about trying to cut down or quit, giving up will help to prevent discolouration and improve both your oral and general health. We know that it’s not easy to stop smoking, but we’re here to help whenever you need us.
- Wear a mouth guard: if you play contact sports or you enjoy activities like martial arts or fighting sports, we strongly recommend wearing a mouth guard. This will help to protect your veneers and minimise the risk of dental injuries. We can provide you with a bespoke mouth guard to ensure maximum comfort.
- Avoid hard foods: having veneers shouldn’t alter your diet in any way, but we do advise you to try and steer clear of very hard foods, such as boiled sweets, which can chip your veneers.
- Maintain good oral hygiene: your veneers may look fabulous, but that doesn’t mean that you can take your foot off the gas when it comes to your daily oral hygiene regime. Make sure you continue to brush to keep your mouth free of bacteria and food debris and protect your gums.
- See your dentist every 6-12 months: we advise all our patients to book regular check-ups. This enables us to keep an eye on the mouth and treat any problems any quickly and early as possible.
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION