Articles The Dos and Don’ts For Beautiful Teeth
We all want beautiful teeth. The good news is that you don’t have to drastically alter your lifestyle or spend hours in the bathroom armed with your toothbrush to enjoy a healthy, bright smile. Here are some simple dos and don’ts that will set you on the right path:
- Brush twice a day, every single day: studies show that a large proportion of adults only brush their teeth once a day. We strongly recommend brushing twice a day to keep plaque at bay and avoid bad breath, cavities and gum disease. We advise brushing in the morning and evening.
- Floss: you may assume that you’re doing a brilliant job if you brush twice a day, but you can’t clean the entire mouth with a toothbrush. Flossing is an effective means of cleaning the parts of the mouth you can’t reach with a brush, including the tiny cracks between your teeth.
- See your dentist: it’s easy to assume that everything is fine if you don’t have swollen gums or toothache, but you shouldn’t go to the dentist just because you think there might be something up. We recommend regular routine checks as an effective preventative measure, and we urge you to come and see us every 6-12 months.
- Snack: snacking is a major problem for the teeth. When you eat, the bacteria in your mouth produce acids, which attack the protective enamel surface. If you’re eating throughout the day, your teeth have no chance to remineralise and harden. Eventually, the enamel will erode and this increases the risk of chips, cavities, and sensitivity. Instead of grazing, we advise sticking to three larger meals.
- Ignore dental pain: if you’re in pain or you’ve noticed that your gums are inflamed or bleeding, don’t ignore these symptoms and hope for the best. Dental problems tend to get worse with time and it’s always best to try and nip them in the bud.
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION