Dr Keyvan Moharamzadeh graduated from the University of Tehran in 2003 with a double degree in Dentistry and Chemistry. Since graduating, Dr Moharamzadeh has gone on to further his education through a PhD in Restorative Dentistry from Sheffield University in 2006 with an additional year of clinical training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and then completed a 5-year specialist-training programme which is unique to the United Kingdom and is mandatory for an appointment to a Consultants’ position.
He has gained the highest restorative qualification in the United Kingdom in the form of the Intercollegiate Specialty Fellowship Examination in Restorative Dentistry, which is awarded jointly by the English, Irish and the Scottish Royal Colleges of Surgeons. He is registered with the General Dental Council as a Specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics.
His clinical work includes both private dental practice and hospital-based treatment of patients referred by the General Dental Practitioners for advanced restorative rehabilitation. Dr Moharamzadeh is the regional and academic representative for the British Society of Periodontology as well as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Higher Education Academy.
He is also well-known for his multidisciplinary internationally recognised research in dentistry. He holds an honorary research position in Marquette University in the United States, has extensively published in the literature and has given many presentations and invited lectures in the national and international conferences. He has won an international silver medal in Chemistry and holds several research grants and awards in the UK and USA with the total value of over £1M.
He is an honorary NHS Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at Charles Clifford Dental Hospital.
His broad level of clinical interest includes aesthetic dentistry, periodontics, implantology, prosthodontic management of compromised dentition and using advanced technology to improve the outcome of endodontic treatment to the point of authoring a comprehensive evidence-based clinical reference book on “Diseases and Conditions in Dentistry”.
Dr Moharamzadeh is a multi-discipline specialist, registered in the UK as a specialist in:
Dr Moharamzadeh is a Senior Clinical Lecturer in Restorative Dentistry at the University of Sheffield. He is the programme director for postgraduate DClinDent Periodontology course at the School of Clinical Dentistry and was previously the course lead for postgraduate DClinDent programme in Prosthodontics. He has taught over 1000 undergraduate dental students and postgraduate dentists in the UK over the past 15 years. His teaching activities include:
• Leading, managing and delivering the curriculum of postgraduate DClinDent programmes in Periodontology (currently) and Prosthodontics (previously) at the University of Sheffield.
• Clinical and laboratory teaching and assessment of undergraduate dental students at all levels.
• Lectures and seminars to the students, General Dental Practitioners, dental foundation trainees and specialty registrars in Restorative Dentistry.
• Examiner for conjoint DClinDent and MRD (Royal College of Surgeons) exams
• Private post-graduate teaching in the UK and overseas
Dr Moharamzadeh is leading multidisciplinary internationally recognised research in the field of Dental Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Implantology and has edited a textbook on “Biomaterials for Oral and Dental Tissue Engineering”. He has published over 100 scientific papers, chapters and abstracts. He is Restorative Dentistry Clinical Research Lead and Representative at the STH NHS Trust Oral and Dental Research Executive Committee.
His main research activities fall into four different categories:
• Investigation of physical and optical properties of different types of aesthetic dental materials.
• Biocompatibility assessment of dental biomaterials, implants and oral healthcare products.
• Tissue engineering of human alveolar bone and oral mucosa and development of three-dimensional tissue models for various laboratory and clinical applications.
• Chemical synthesis and analysis of polymers and composite materials used in dentistry and medicine.
Dr Moharamzadeh is a Medico-legal Expert Witness and takes specialist referrals for legal reports for Accidents, RTAs, PI (Personal Injury) and Clinical Negligence in the fields of Restorative Dentistry, Periodontics, Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Implantology.
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FDSRCS)
• Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
• Member of the British Society for Periodontology (BSP)
• Member of the International Association of Dental Research (IADR)
• Member of the British Society for Oral and Dental Research (BSODR)
• Member of the Association of Consultants and Specialists in Restorative Dentistry (RD-UK)
• Member of the European Society for Biomaterials (ESB)
• Member of the UK Society for Biomaterials (UKSB)
• Member of Dental Protection (DP) • Member of the UK General Dental Council (GDC)
Best Young Dentist - Peter McQuillan
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION