Articles How Effective are the Latest Whitening Techniques for Patients from London?
Teeth whitening is an aesthetic cosmetic treatment for bleaching stained and discoloured teeth. Today the options for whitening teeth for patients from London are numerous and include:
- Teeth whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes.
- Teeth whitening strips and gels available over-the-counter.
- Home tray-based teeth whitening kits.
- Dentist-supervised tray-based whitening.
- Dental practice teeth whitening.
The effectiveness of these teeth whitening treatments depends on an array of condition:
- The problem causing teeth discolouration.
- The type of teeth whitening treatment, duration, bleach concentration, and action.
- Dietary and lifestyle factors.
- How healthy a person’s teeth are, the enamel condition, and whether fillings and other oral restorations are present.
- Whether patients follow dental advice to minimise teeth staining and discolouration.
- If a curing light is used during the whitening treatment in-house.
- The commitment of the patient to safe teeth whitening management under supervision of a dentist.
Teeth whitening effects are not obvious with teeth whitening toothpastes because they don’t necessarily contain a bleaching agent. Whitening rinses may take up to twelve weeks to see results, but may not be the kind of whitening results expected.
The duration for effects to become noticeable after teeth whitening treatment depends on the application design of the treatment and whitening action. Teeth whitening strips and gels, applied twice a day, take about four months for visible lighter-coloured teeth results.
Effective and safe teeth whitening
Teeth whitening results are not permanent. To better understand the process and how to achieve consistent results through teeth whitening management, it’s better to have teeth whitening under dental supervision. Conditions like enamel erosion and teeth sensitivity can then be minimised and avoided.
Using a dental whitening management system allows the dentist to safely prepare the bleaching products in mouthpiece trays and give you the option of light-activated teeth whitening for faster whitening outcomes. Without supervision, patients may feel disappointed with their home whitening treatments, and be tempted to use unsafe practices to achieve whiter smiles, but damaged teeth in the process, which will require dental care anyway!
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION