Articles How do Invisible Brace in London Work for the Masses?
It is common for adults to be unhappy with the alignment of their teeth, but many may feel embarrassed about getting braces. Bulky metal braces are associated with childhood orthodontics and some people would feel embarrassed to wear them. However, help is at hand from dentists in London with numerous invisible braces now available.
What are the advantages of invisible braces?
• Most importantly they are, well, invisible! In the case of Invisalign braces, they look like a clear retainer brace, but actively straighten your teeth.
• You can take them out. It is recommended that you wear your aligner around 20 hours per day, but if there is a special occasion, such as a meal or a job interview, you can remove them easily.
• There is no “idle” time where your braces are ineffective. Normal braces require tightening every so often, but unless it is timed properly there can be periods of time where your teeth are not being affected by the brace. Invisalign invisible braces are replaced every two weeks and are carefully crafted to continually adjust your teeth.
• They are gentler than conventional braces and, interestingly, more effective. In the case of the Inman Aligner, they are much more precise, because coiled springs push teeth from the back, while a clear wire over the front of the teeth provides an opposing force. This lessens the tooth’s natural resistance to being moved.
• The Inman Aligner often costs less than other kinds of braces at around £1,500.
• It takes much less time to push teeth into their desired position, usually between four and sixteen weeks, whereas a standard brace can take up to two years.
There are a few minor disadvantages to invisible braces. As with all braces, there may be some discomfort at first as your teeth begin to move. Due to the retainer style of the brace you may develop a slight lisp and you may also notice increased levels of salivation at first, which isn’t the most attractive look! However, you will soon become accustomed to these initial problems. These braces are only suitable for fully-grown teeth and therefore should not be used by children.
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION