Articles Five Ways To Engage Your Child To Look After Their Teeth In The City of London
Most parents will have dealt with a stroppy child who refuses to brush their teeth at least once, but teeth cleaning is really important for children and there are some ways of trying to make it a little more appealing to your kids. Here are 5 ways to get children interested in looking after their teeth and gums:
- Set a good example: children learn from their parents, so try to set a good example and encourage your child to brush along with you.
- Make it fun: try inventing games and challenge your child to brush their teeth and see how shiny they can make their teeth. Reward good behaviour and start teeth cleaning from an early age, so that it becomes part of your child’s daily routine.
- Talk to your child about the benefits of brushing their teeth: it’s likely that your child will take much more an interest in brushing if they are aware of why it is important and how it could benefit them. Teach your child about the importance of removing bits of food and nasty bacteria from the mouth and encourage them to find out more about oral health by reading them books and researching children’s educational websites online.
- Put some music on! It may sound a bit random to suggest putting music on while you brush, but most songs are between 2 and 4 minutes long and this is a perfect way for children to get used to cleaning their teeth for the recommended time.
- Buy children’s products: children’s toothbrushes and toothpaste are designed to be appealing to children with tasty flavours, bright colours and packaging, which is attractive and eye-catching. Children’s toothpaste also has a lower quantity of fluoride. Many products are decorated with characters from TV shows and films and you can make up games and use the characters as a good example of how to look after your teeth.
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION