If you have a beautiful new smile courtesy of veneers, it’s only natural to want to keep them sparkling for as long as possible. If you’re keen to enjoy a stunning, radiant smile, here are 5 ways to protect your veneers:
- Brush twice a day: it’s really important to maintain good oral hygiene when you have veneers. Brush twice a day and make sure you do a thorough job. You should cover every individual tooth and angle the head of the brush so that you can also clean the gum line.
- Avoid staining agents: your diet has an impact on your oral health, but it can also affect the aesthetic of your smile. If you don’t have stain-resistant veneers, it’s a good idea to steer clear of foods and drinks that contain staining agents, such as cola, tea, wine, dark berries, soy sauce and coffee.
- Use a straw: many popular drinks have strong colouring and if you don’t want to give up your daily caffeine fix, using a straw is the way forward. This prevents direct contact between the liquid and the tooth enamel.
- Dental visits: even though you have a flawless looking smile, it’s still important to see your dentist on a regular basis. Your dentist will check your veneers, look for signs of any dental problems and give your teeth a polish.
- Avoid hard foods: veneers can chip just like natural teeth, so it’s best to avoid very hard foods like coated nuts, boiled sweets and popcorn kernels.
If you need any more tips to help keep your veneers in pristine condition, don’t hesitate to get in touch!