Are you keen to keep your smile in check in 2018? If you’re eager to ensure your smile shimmers in the months ahead, here are 5 steps you can take:
- Get to grips with brushing: brushing is the most effective tool you can use to prevent decay and reduce the risk of discolouration and bad breath. When you’re brushing, spend 2 minutes every morning and evening guiding the brush head over every surface of each tooth. Use a brush with a small head, preferably an electric toothbrush, and don’t forget to angle the head to brush the gum line. Be gentle when you brush to protect the enamel.
- Embrace inter-dental cleaning: brushing is great, but it won’t ensure a total clean. Brushing between the teeth with an inter-dental brush and flossing will help to prevent bits of debris and plaque becoming stuck between the teeth.
- Use a straw: to prevent staining, use a straw when drinking. Lots of popular drinks, including cola, coffee, and tea, discolour the teeth, causing them to take on a yellow or brown tinge.
- Have a dental check-up: dental checks are a highly effective preventative measure. Checks only take 5 minutes and there’s no pain involved. You can also benefit from hygiene sessions, especially if you’re keen to boost the aesthetic appeal of your smile.
- Find out more about tooth whitening: if you wish you had whiter, brighter teeth, why not call and find out more about our wonderful whitening treatments? Tooth whitening is a safe and effective ways of lightening the tooth enamel to make your smile sparkle and shimmer.