Dental implants are one of the most impressive treatments around today. If you have missing teeth and you’re looking for a sensational solution or you’re searching for an alternative to dentures, here are 5 reasons why dental implants could be the right choice for you:
- Long-term results: dental implants are a long-term option for patients with missing teeth and they offer greater longevity than other treatments, including dentures and bridges. Although they are more expensive than other treatments, as they last longer, they can often represent a better investment.
- Amazing aesthetics: dental implants replace the tooth root and they provide anchorage for a new restoration, such as a crown; once the entire tooth has been replaced, the tooth will look exactly like a natural tooth, so you can enjoy a beautiful smile and increased confidence.
- Improved functionality: dental implants are the closest match currently available to a natural tooth and once your treatment is complete, you will enjoy the same standard of functionality as you would with a healthy set of natural teeth. You will be able to eat whatever you like and you can enjoy clear speech.
- Reduced bone loss: implant treatment helps to reduce bone loss, which occurs when the bone tissue starts to deteriorate; this issue is fairly common in older people. If you lack dense bone tissue prior to treatment, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t be able to have implants; we may recommend bone grafting treatment to strengthen and bulk up the bone tissue before the implants are placed.
- Simplicity and convenience: implants are incredibly easy to look after and you won’t need to get used to any time-consuming or convoluted cleaning regimes. You simply care for your new tooth or teeth in the same way as your natural teeth.
If you would like to find out more about dental implants or the treatment process, contact us today by telephone or via the website.