Articles 5 Tips to Get Your Smile Ready for Summer
Summer is finally here! If you’re keen to ensure your smile sparkles while the sun shines, here are 5 top tips to get your smile summer-ready:
- Set a timer when you brush: brushing is a brilliant way of removing plaque and bacteria from your mouth, but many of us are guilty of cutting brushing short. If you’re in a rush, you may not do a proper job, and your teeth and gums might suffer. To avoid this, and keep dental disease at bay, set a timer on your phone or brush along to a song if your toothbrush doesn’t have a timer feature.
- Swap your brush head: if you haven’t bought a new toothbrush or swapped the head on your electric toothbrush for at least 3 months, now is the time to buy a new brush or a replacement head. Worn bristles aren’t as effective as new ones.
- Use fluoride toothpaste: fluoride is a mineral, which is proven to strengthen the enamel. If you don’t already buy fluoride toothpaste, consider swapping to protect your teeth from decay.
- Book a dental check-up: if you haven’t seen your dentist for a while, the arrival of summer is a perfect time to get in touch. We recommend routine check-ups every 6-12 months. Going to the dentist on a regular basis can reduce your risk of gum disease and decay by up to 60 percent, according to the Oral Health Foundation.
- Steer clear of sugary summer treats: summer is a time when many of us like to treat ourselves. If you’re tempted by cool fizzy drinks and ice lollies, spare a thought for your smile. Try and opt for sugar-free drinks and drink plenty of water.
6 ways to get your perfect smile
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
Get Your Free E-Consultation
Want to find out about how treatments at the world-renowned Harley Street Dental Studio can help you achieve your perfect smile? Take our free e-consultation to find out.START YOUR FREE E-CONSULTATION