Everybody wants a sparkling smile. The good news is that it’s not difficult to inject a healthy glow into your winter smile. If you’re keen to brighten up those dark wintry days, here are 5 helpful tips to take on board:
- Brush for 2 minutes, twice a day: if you’re guilty of whizzing a brush around your mouth in a mad, frantic rush to get out of the house, now is the time to start taking your time. Brushing is crucial for healthy, attractive, youthful looking smiles. Set a timer or brush along to a song to make sure you do a thorough job.
- Floss: brushing is a fantastic way to keep your teeth clean, but sadly, you can’t clean the entire mouth with a brush alone. Flossing is a great way to achieve a deeper, more thorough clean, as you can target the areas that are hard to reach with a toothbrush, such as the gaps between the teeth.
- Keep on top of dental checks: if you haven’t been to the dentist in the last 6-12 months, now is the time to get in touch! Routine checks are essential for good oral health, but they can also have a really positive impact on the look of your smile.
- See a dental hygienist: if you’re looking to brighten up your smile, we recommend boking a dental hygiene session. Hygienists use intensive cleaning treatments to remove surface stains and give your smile a gorgeous, luminescent glow.
- Watch what you eat and drink: some foods contain staining agents, which can discolour the teeth and give them a yellowy-brown tinge. Examples include soy sauce, cola, red and white wine, coffee and tea and dark berries.